Father's Day 2021

Happy Father's Day! For the occasion, I've created a new gallery containing paired card paintings of fathers and sons--and in the case of Helen Callaghan and Casey Candaele, mothers and sons.

Father's Day for me is a complicated day for me. My own father and I have grown apart over the years, and my kids are at a stage when they don't want to have much to do with their dad any more as they do their own growing. It can be as much a day of feeling left out as one of feeling included. But on this day, I like to take stock of what it truly means to be a dad and how we do, knowingly and unknowlingly, pass things on to our children.

I hope you enjoy the new gallery, and also the additions I've made to the Washington baseball gallery -- and that you're able to spend some good time with (or thinking about) your dad.

Ken Griffey Sr.'s 1991 Upper Deck baseball card. This one resonates
with be because it shows both warmth and wilfullness between the father
and the son.


Comments